Follow my journey through the southern tier of America on my bicycle through my blog.

Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Total distance: 45.3 miles Avg. speed: 14.4 mph Top speed: 25.8mph Total time riding: 3:14

As you can tell by the title, I finally got my new Cat Eye Mity 8 cyclocomputer working...so that's exciting.  Pretty much all of my posts during the trip will have a title with the riding info for that day.  Today was much better than yesterday.  I had the same amount of gear on the bike, but I went further and longer and felt better doing it than I did yesterday.  I felt better afterwards too which is good.  I gained some more confidence today after it took a little bit of a hit yesterday.  Obviously, 45 miles is still just a little more than half of the mileage I will be likely to do per day during the trip...but it's pretty good for over a month to go.  Besides I feel like I would've been fine today if I had taken an hour lunch break and then did it again...which is what I'll do on the trip.

P.S. I want to say hi to all of the students in Mrs. Carver's 5th grade class!!!!  Thanks for caring about the trip and I am wicked (a word we use up here, Mrs. Carver will know it!) excited to get your letters.  I will write back as soon as I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment