Follow my journey through the southern tier of America on my bicycle through my blog.

Thanks for reading!

Monday, November 14, 2011

In order to help the Haitian people rebuild their country...I'm gonna ride a bicycle across ours

Do you know what's better than asking? Acting.  That is why I am going to such extremes to raise money for Executives Without Borders and their life-saving work in Haiti.

Today I rode about 25 miles on my bike as part of my training.  I was planning on riding further but had to stop to go pick up my new Iphone 4S!!  The weather was just about perfect for riding today...maybe 5 more degrees and a little less wind would be better, but it was definitely a nice day for a long ride.

I continue to get packages in the mail just about everyday and it is all stuff that I need for the trip.  Whether it be for my bike or to be able to live on the road for almost two months, it is all important...and costly :(

I plan on going for another long ride tomorrow...after I install my new bike saddle (seat).  Looking forward to more cushion and a bigger sitting area.

On a side note, I just filled out two shoe-boxes for Operation Christmas Child with Samaritan's Purse.  These shoe-boxes will go to underprivaledged children so they have something to open on Christmas morning.  You should check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment